Corporate Sales Manager
The Corporate Sales Manager plays a crucial role in generating leads for a Business Line and managing the development of the lead to a stage where the win probability is high. The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is going to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
The main duties of the Corporate Sales Manager can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market/geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's business heads.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Business Development Planning
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
Management and Research
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet sales targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that marketing activities are completed within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.